PGD apprenticeships are changing in 2018, so we asked for your feedback on the current programme.
We had a huge response to surveys handed out at your CPD sessions and some highlights are:
- 70% of people thought the length of time apprentices spend at polytechnic (13 weeks) is “just right”.
- 78% of people said they would use an online portal (a website or similar) for tutorials, videos and other training information.
- 64% of people said they would be interested in using a phone app to sign off assessments.
- Overwhelmingly, under 20s through to 60yr-olds agreed that block courses are being done well.
- According to respondents, the top three areas where on-site assessments would work well are: domestic hot and cold water supply pipework, hot water cylinder installations, and all aspects of drain laying.
Thank you to everyone who took part in our survey. If you missed the opportunity to have your say, our forum is a great place to make your voice heard. Follow the link below and have your say before the new programmes launch on 1st January.
Click here to join the Forum