Risk and compliance qualifications and unit standards submitted for quality assurance
Skills and the Organisational Risk and Compliance Working Group have submitted the following to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
- New Zealand Certificate in Organisational Risk and Compliance (Level 4) v2
- New Zealand Certificate in Organisational Risk and Compliance (Level 6) v1
Unit standards that will support programmes leading towards the above qualifications:
- Demonstrate knowledge of compliance management and compliance programmes in an organisation (Level 4)
- Contribute to the identification of risk and compliance obligations within an organisation (Level 4)
- Utilise risk assessment criteria to rate non-complex risk and non-complex compliance-related risks for an organisation (Level 4)
- Apply tools and resources to prioritise risks and compliance obligations for an organisation (Level 4)
- Contribute to the development and treatment of risk in an organisation (Level 4)
- Promote risk and compliance awareness and training in an organisation (Level 4)
- Compile and communicate risk and compliance reports for an organisation (Level 4)
- Assist with the implementation and the development of risk and compliance tests for an organisation (Level 4)
- Apply knowledge of and advocate risk and compliance management, and governance principles within an organisation (Level 6)
- Analyse the risk and compliance environment to identify risk and compliance obligations for an organisation (Level 6)
- Analyse organisational and compliance-related risks and assist with the development of assessment criteria for complex risks (Level 6)
- Prioritise complex risks and complex compliance-related risks for an organisation (Level 6)
- Develop and implement risk and compliance-related risk treatment for an organisation (Level 6)
- Develop and facilitate delivery of risk and compliance training for an organisation (Level 6)
- Tailor organisational risk and compliance reports for stakeholders (Level 6)
- Develop, implement, and manage risk and compliance testing and reviews including formulating recommendations for improvements (Level 6)
These have entered the quality assurance phase to ensure they meet the National Standard before they are approved and registered on NZQA.
Public consultation has closed.
The Working Group developed the qualifications and unit standards in 2018. Stakeholders in the Working Group included: professional body for risk management within New Zealand, banks, insurance and quality assurance organisations, and businesses within the intelligence and security disciplines for both private and public sectors, local council organisation, and another Industry Training Organisation.
If you would like more information please contact Evangeleen Joseph.