Public Sector Unit Standard Review (Level 3 and Level 4) available for feedback
The Skills Organisation would like to invite the Public Sector to review and provide feedback on the following unit standards below.
Skills has prepared the following unit standards to support development of a programme which will allow candidates to provide evidence for the Graduate Profile Outcomes of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Public Sector Practice (Level 3) [Ref: 3635]
- New Zealand Certificate in Public Sector Service Delivery (Level 4) [Ref:3636]
(The unit standard standards have been designed to meet the requirements of both central and local government, in keeping with the new New Zealand qualifications as developed).
Please send feedback by 12 October 2018 to Jeanie Chew
Level 3 unit standards:
- 17213 Demonstrate knowledge of a public sector code of conduct and the Protected Disclosures Act (also used to meet the Level 4 graduate outcomes)
- 17214 Manage and maintain records in a public sector organisation
- 19906 Describe information and privacy legislation in relation to the public sector (also used to meet the Level 4 graduate outcomes)
- 25052 Demonstrate and apply knowledge of New Zealand’s government and the public sector
- New 2 Communicate effectively using public sector information
- New 19 Demonstrate ethical, professional, and responsive conduct in the public sector
- New 20 Demonstrate knowledge of legislation relevant to one’s role in a public sector organisation and its core business
- New 21 Manage self and work cooperatively within a team to contribute to public sector outcomes
Level 4 unit standards:
- 17213 Demonstrate knowledge of a public sector code of conduct and the Protected Disclosures Act
- 19906 Describe information and privacy legislation in relation to the public sector
- New 4 Apply operational knowledge of communication for providing service in a public sector context
- New 5 Demonstrate knowledge of the law in practice in a public sector context
- New 6 Demonstrate knowledge of relating to stakeholders in a public sector context
- New 7 Manage information operationally in a public sector environment
- New 18 Produce and manage records in a public sector environment
- New 24 Manage workload and utilise relationships to achieve results and help deliver effective service to the public
- New 25 Work ethically and effectively in a public sector service delivery environment
Note: the above standards have been developed or reviewed to meet Graduate Profile Outcomes (GPOs) as shown in the matrix for each qualification:
- Matrix to meet Level 3 qualification graduate profile outcomes
- Matrix to meet Level 4 qualification graduate profile outcomes
In providing feedback you may like to consider:
- Will the standards contribute to the GPOs of the qualification?
- Are the standards appropriate for the level of the qualification?
- Will the standards allow candidates to provide evidence for the key aspects of their roles in public sector, local and central government?
- Are there any barriers in the standards?
- Do the standards use appropriate terminology?
- Are range statements appropriate?
- Do you have any other feedback?
- Do you endorse the set of standards?
The unit standards have been drafted and reviewed over a long period, with focused consultation with some key organisations including LGNZ, WCC, MSD, MPI, Customs, Department of Corrections, SOLGM, Te Puni Kokiri, Whakatane District Council, and Housing New Zealand. Other stakeholders were invited to comment during the developmental phase.