Trades based block courses and updates due to COVID-19
Trades based block courses and impacts due to COVID-19
Once again, we see ourselves heading into Alert Levels to combat the new cases of COVID-19 in our community.
We want to keep you informed on what is happening with your scheduled block courses and classes and how this will affect you. Below is a summary of the latest information that we have received from training providers about the impact on courses. Training providers are also issuing updates on their websites including information on their efforts to keep all learners and staff safe.
Please note: This is a live web page and information will be updated as we are made aware of it.
Here’s what Providers have told us:
ELECTRICAL – as at 15th February
- Northtec – Classes will be postponed to next week
- ETCO – Auckland
- ETCO night classes – online via zoom
- ETCO day classes – online via zoom
- ETCO block courses – continuing with social distancing precautions
- ETCO Northland – ETCO Northland is business as usual
- MIT – No face to face classes this week. Online classes will continue as normal. If a lecturer can transfer their face to face class this week to an online class they will do so. If not, class will be cancelled.
- Unitec – Skills trainees are due back at Unitec next week, 23/02/2021. Further updates will be provided if there are any changes to this date.
- E-tec – Courses are still running, but with limited numbers to allow for COVID-19 restrictions. Where possible courses are being moved online. E-tec will update you personally if your course is affected in anyway.
PLUMBING GASFITTING DRAINLAYING – as at 19th February
- MIT Auckland –The following Block Courses are cancelled. MIT are currently working on arrangements to provide alternative delivery/dates
- Group 6 Module 8 – New dates for Module 8 will be 22 February and 1st March.
- Group 21 Module 3 – week 2
- Group AA week 12
- Drainlaying Block 4
- ICE – Following Block Courses have been rescheduled.
- Groups 2-3 Module 10 – New dates for Module 10 on 12 April for groups 1-3
- Group 13 Module 3 – week 2 – New dates for Module 3 week 2 will be 6th to 9th April
- TPP –The following courses have been postponed and will be rescheduled
- New Plymouth: CNP5 (AGI106202)
- Auckland: KA2 (AGI106274)
Please keep checking our website regularly as it will be updated with the latest information. In the meantime, if you have any issues or questions about your apprenticeship please talk to your Account Manager or contact us on 0508 SKILLS (0508 754 557).