Core Knowledge Qualification
The New Sector Standard
The Core Knowledge qualification is the first on the regulatory learning pathway devised by the G-REG initiative in partnership with Skills.
It is designed for everyone that works in, wants to work in, who is closely associated with, a regulatory organisation. Frontline staff all the way up to CEO level.
It provides a broad overview of New Zealand’s Regulatory System, and is the new standard for the sector. Those that complete the qualification will gain a common language and common understanding that is shared across government – both local and central.
- New Zealand’s Regulatory System
- Regulatory Concepts and Models
- Core Knowledge of the Law
- Regulatory Compliance Activities
- Managing Information, Records and Evidence
- Professional Conduct, Communication and Interaction
A plan for how to take learners through the qualification at your organisation is developed with the Skills team and when in place, learners are enrolled into the online Learning Management System (LMS).
Modules are released in a timely manner, once per month. This is to allow organisations the possibility of aligning their release with a workshop, or other added content specific to their context.
Learners can access the online learning platform from any computer with an internet connection, and work through the modules at a time that suits them.
- For people working in government regulation the enrolment cost is $350 + GST per learner.
- For people working outside of the government regulatory sector the enrolment cost is $595 + GST per learner.
- Download qualification PDF: New Zealand Certificate in Regulatory Compliance (Core Knowledge) (Level 3)
- Download Qualifications overview PDF
- Download Frequently Asked Questions PDF
- Download Core Knowledge Manager Guide
- Download Core Knowledge Learner Guide