Please note: Skills is no longer taking enrolments for this programme as the National Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5) will expire on 31 December 2021.
Once you have found success as a real estate salesperson, it is natural to start thinking about how you can take your career to the next level.
Real estate is an incredibly diverse field in which to grow, and becoming a branch manager is a popular next step for the motivated. The role sees you taking real responsibility and accountability for the running of a business.
The National Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) Level 5 builds on your knowledge and skills as a salesperson. It is suited for those wishing to extend their career into the managerial sphere.
There are also elective study options for residential, business, and rural appraisals.
A flexible qualification with a broad skill base, it will allow you to apply for a Branch Manager’s Licence at the Real Estate Authority (REA). To obtain a licence, you need to have worked in the industry for at least three of the last 10 years.
What your study covers
- Planning for real estate projects
- Real estate marketing
- Recruiting and managing people and teams
- Financial transactions and financial statements for real estate firms
- Internal controls, checks, and audits
- Misleading and deceiving conduct and misrepresentation
- Advising clients on resource management issues
- Land ownership and titles
- Legislation including law of contract, law of agency, council zoning, and building law
- Licensing and code of professional conduct under REA Act 2008
- Managing trust accounts
- Managing real estate contracts and contracts of agency
- Preparing agency agreements and appraisals of commercial and industrial sites
- Supervising and managing a real estate business
Programme delivery and duration
This programme is delivered online and you will have instant access to all the study materials and resources you need. You can submit papers as you complete each one at your own pace.
You have a total of 18 months to complete the entire programme.