Begin your career in Real Estate sales
If you want flexibility, independence and enjoy working with people, a career in real estate could be for you.
The real estate industry offers rewarding career opportunities in a fast-paced, exciting sector. You’ll be able to set your own work schedule, be your own boss, and meet new people. You’ll help others make life-changing decisions, and directly reap the rewards of your own hard work. If you are considering a career change, the skills and experience you have gained in other fields can enable you to transition easily to real estate sales.
Becoming a salesperson is the best way to get your foot in the door. By completing the Real Estate Salesperson programme with Skills, you’ll get so much more than just a qualification. We provide pastoral care with dedicated Account Managers to guide you all the way from sign-up to completion. And, we know the real estate sector inside out – we set standards for the sector and we develop our real estate qualifications in consultation with real estate industry.
As this programme is delivered as an online interactive package, there will be no disruption in its delivery during COVID-19 alert level changes.
What qualification do I need to become a salesperson?
The New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) (Level 4) covers the knowledge and skills that you need to sell property in New Zealand. Successful completion of the qualification will allow you to apply for a Salesperson’s licence through the Real Estate Authority (REA).
You will learn to:
- Operate as a real estate salesperson with knowledge of land ownership, land issues, building structures and council compliance
- Build and manage a database of contacts to establish and maintain a presence in the marketplace
- Conduct property inspections and appraisals
- Facilitate real estate transactions through to settlement using appropriate methods of sale
- Comply with New Zealand law and standards relevant to the real estate industry
There are no academic entry requirements. However, you must be working in the real estate industry OR you can enter into a Contract of Engagement with a real estate agency while you study.
Cost $1,095* (GST inclusive)
Duration 6 months
The learning material is delivered as an online interactive package. You can tackle each topic as soon as you’re ready because you will have complete access to all study materials and resources.
What are the benefits?
Study anytime and submit assessments at your own pace
Work and learn directly with a real estate agency
Get support and mentoring from your branch manager or supervisor while you learn
Receive continued support from your assigned Skills Account Manager
Complete the programme with valuable work experience
- includes a narrative to guide you through your real estate learning journey as efficiently as possible
- provides an interactive online platform which allows you to learn and complete assessments on the go
- includes knowledge checks in the learning material to ensure you are on the right track before you engage with the assessment
- utilises fully automated assessments that give you instant results as well as assessor-marked assessments; and
- concludes with a face-to-face assessment which covers real estate sale and purchase agreements.
If you want for information about this programme, download our brochure.
Why choose us?
In a competitive industry, you need an edge. Skills can help you every step of the way to the top of your game as a Real Estate Salesperson. We have a few decades of experience in practical and professional training. We provide pastoral care with dedicated Account Managers to guide you all the way from sign-up to completion.
Our Account Managers
- Help keep you on track with your assessments
- Provide a point of contact during the programme
- Can address any worries you have before your face-to-face assessment
What do our learners say?
“The learning material is easy to follow and understand. It’s really easy to refer back to when doing the assessments”
“Even though it is a lot of work, Skills made sure they covered all the necessary information to get the licensee as prepared as possible.”
“The course and study material provide good knowledge and a foundation in various scenarios and statutory regulations which could be an essential tool for routine work.”
“Everyone has been so helpful when I have questions regarding the course.”
How to enrol – Salesperson
1. Check your eligibility
Entry requirements include but are not limited to
- You must be in New Zealand
- Being a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident or;
- Holding a New Zealand Work Visa that covers the 6 month duration
- Currently in paid employment within New Zealand
2. Collect your enrolment documents and apply
Here is a list of the required documents for your enrolment application
*Italics indicate these may be necessary for your enrolment but are not needed if they do not apply to you
- Training Agreement completed in full, signed by yourself and your employer (please click this link for the current version)
- Contract of Engagement or Real Estate Employment Contract (only applicable for those currently employed in a non-licensed related role with a real estate firm)
- Copy of your New Zealand passport or birth certificate (if your birth certificate was issued before 2003, it will need to be certified)
- Certified copy of your international passport
- Certified copy of Work Visa
- Certified copy of legal name change documents (please note this is only applicable to individuals who have legally changed their name that was given at birth)
*Certified copy means the copy you provide to us needs to be sighted by a Skills Real Estate Account Manager, Justice of the Peace, Solicitor or New Zealand Police Officer
Click this link here to view visual examples of the accepted identification, citizenship or visa copies required for your enrolment.
3. Submission of application and payment
Once you have completed the required documents for your application, please click here to create an account and upload your application. After your documents have been uploaded, you will be able to securely make payment and submit your application for processing.
If you have any troubles with this process, please get in touch with us, and a Real Estate Account Manager will be able to assist you.