Does the prospect of an unlimited earning potential appeal to you? How about the ability to set your own work schedule, be your own boss, and help Kiwis make life-changing financial decisions?
If so, a career as a real estate salesperson may be for you. It's a challenging and diverse role that comes with immense rewards for those with ambition.
The National Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) Level 4 will equip you with the essential knowledge and skills you need to sell property in New Zealand.
Successful completion of the papers will allow you to apply for a Salesperson's Licence at the Real Estate Agents Authority (REAA). Please see the REAA website for more information on licencing.
Please note: You must be employed in the industry in a training or other role not involving the sale of real estate before you can enrol in this programme.
What your study covers
- Establishing your presence in the real estate market
- Land ownership and titles
- Legislation including law of contract, law of agency, council zoning, and building law
- Misleading and deceiving conduct and misrepresentation
- Licensing and code of professional conduct under REAA Act 2008
- Sale and purchase agreements
- Inspections, appraisals, and agency agreements
- Marketing plans for real estate, including qualifying customers and presenting properties
- Methods of sale of real estate
Programme delivery and duration
This programme is delivered online and you will have instant access to all the study materials and resources you need. You can submit papers as you complete each one at your own pace.
We recommend each paper to be completed within a maximum of 10 hours. You have up to eight months to complete the entire programme.