Resources, ideas and research to help you build a happy team
A key focus for Skills is helping our clients develop the leadership skills to manage, engage and support their staff more effectively.
Recent research by Infometrics shows that New Zealand’s workforce is becoming more diverse than ever. As a result organisations need to adapt their management styles to suit a wider ranges of ages, genders and cultures.
Skills will be running a series of blogs shining the spotlight on initiatives, think pieces and organisations who are leading the way or challenging the status quo in the field of workforce engagement. In addition we’ve compiled a list of articles on the subject that offer useful tools, ideas and research to help in inspire and support leadership professionals.
Diversity, inclusion & equity
- Creating an inclusive and supportive work environment – Source: hrcoucil.ca
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Cultivating Diversity and Inclusion Part 1: 50+ Ideas – Source: Lever.co
- Diversity Management: A Generational Cohort Perspective – Source: HRINZ
- The Business of Ageing: Realising the economic potential of older people in New Zealand: 2011–2051 – Source: Ministry of Social Development & Office for Senior Citizens
- Gender Bias in Job Evaluation: A Resource Collection – Source: Department of Labour
- Reflecting, valuing and understanding the communities we serve – Source: State Services Commission
- Government’s Expectations for Pay and Employment Conditions in the State Sector – Source: State Services Commission
Ethnic & organisational cultures
- Why Change Organisational Culture? – Source: HRINZ
- Culture Underpins Work/Life Balance – Source: HRINZ
- Working with Maori: Framework of Success – Source: HRINZ
- Working with Pacific Migrants – Source: New Zealand Immigration
- Employer toolkit for working with migrants – Source: New Zealand Immigration
Bullying & discrimination
- Bullying Prevention Toolbox – Source: WorkSafe
- What to do if you’re being bullied – Source: WorkSafe
- Survey Report: Women are especially vulnerable to bullying and discrimination – Source: PSA
- Understanding stress and bullying in New Zealand workplaces – Source: PSA
Event: Leading and managing a diverse workforce
Join Skills and a panel of experts to discuss how to celebrate and encourage a diverse workforce on 31 August 2017 in Wellington CBD. Click here to get more details or hit the registration form below if you'd like to come along to this complimentary event.