Quality and Consistency
Part of the success of workplace based training is the confidence people can place in the quality of the standards, programmes and qualifications The Skills Organisation develops.
Quality assurance is about effective monitoring systems and processes to make sure assessments against our unit standards are fair, valid, consistent and meet industry and NZQA standards.
To ensure this confidence Skills has a robust quality assurance system, which is made up of:
- Industry developed standards and qualifications
- Consent to Assess processes for TEOs
- Assessor registration criteria for workplace assessment
- Moderation processes including
- The pre-moderation of assessment tools
- Internal and external post-moderation of assessments
- accountable to our industries, trainees and funding bodies
- needing to ensure that we meet our obligations under the Industry Training Act 1992, and the requirements of NZQA’s quality assurance standard for ITOs.
Consent to Assess