Recognition of Current Competence
You’ve chosen this category as you are based in New Zealand and are currently registered and licensed as a Certifying Plumber with the PGDB, and you wish to be assessed to be eligible to register as a Certifying Drainlayer.
What evidence do I need to supply?
Compulsory – you must provide the following piece of evidence:
- Evidence of four years working full time in drainlaying in the form of letters from current and/or past employer(s).
- Letters should specify exact dates of employment with each employer (dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy).
- List details of the drainlaying work you have carried out with that employer.
- Where possible, they should provide evidence to support what they are saying such as copies of employment agreements, wage records, and job records.
- Any letters must be on letterhead, dated and signed by the author.
Optional evidence you could supply to back up the content of your letter(s)
Other – it is highly recommended you provide further evidence in the form of a portfolio of evidence to show you meet the competencies required.
We generally expect no more than 30 documents, and your concentration should be on quality rather than quantity. If you have trouble uploading all your evidence, it may be because of the file size. Don’t worry we can accept more documents once we have your application.
Examples of the type of other evidence to supply:
- A copy of your trade license card, current or expired.
- BCA inspector site inspection paperwork or testimonials from Council inspectors.
- Photographic or video evidence showing range and types of work undertaken.
- Job cards verified by a supervisor.
- Certified copies of invoices, tax records, contracts, design plans, Council / Territorial Authority plans, quotes, consent/permits, etc.
We highly recommend you download the Evidence Guide for drainlaying to see what your assessor will assess you against. Complete the checklist to show all compulsory evidence is included, then record what evidence documents you are supplying against the competencies listed in the table. This will ensure your portfolio covers all the required competencies, and your application can be processed quickly. Upload the completed guide with your evidence.
- A certified copy is a photocopy of your original document that has been verified by a person authorised to make such declarations, for example, a Justice of the Peace, barrister or solicitor, notary public, court registrar or deputy registrar, or a Member of Parliament.
- High school transcripts are not required.
- Any evidence submitted must be in English.
- Accepted file types for evidence are: PDF, PNG, JPG, JPEG.
Currently, we are only accepting payment by credit card. Please note, you may request an invoice for your records. No further payment would be required on this invoice.
Click on the programme below and set up a login to take you to the Recognition New Zealand Platform.