Recognition of Current Competence
You’ve chosen this category as you are based in New Zealand and are currently registered and licensed as a Certifying Plumber with the PGDB, and you wish to be assessed to be eligible to register as a Certifying Drainlayer.
What evidence do I need to supply?
Compulsory – you must provide the following piece of evidence:
- Evidence of four years working in drainlaying in the form of letters from current and/or past employer(s).
- Letters should specify exact dates of employment with each employer (dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy).
- List details of the drainlaying work you have carried out with that employer.
- Where possible, they should provide evidence to support what they are saying such as copies of employment agreements, wage records, and job records.
- Any letters must be on letterhead, dated and signed by the author.
Optional evidence – see below for other evidence that you could supply to back up the content of your letter(s)
If your qualification and/or experience has been gained overseas, you will need to provide further evidence in the form of a portfolio of evidence to show you meet the competencies required.
We generally expect no more than 30 documents, and your concentration should be on quality rather than quantity.
Examples of the type of other evidence to supply:
- A copy of your trade license card, current or expired.
- BCA inspector site inspection paperwork or testimonials from Council inspectors.
- Photographic or video evidence showing range and types of work undertaken.
- Job cards verified by a supervisor.
- Certified copies of invoices, tax records, contracts, design plans, Council / Territorial Authority plans, quotes, consent/permits, etc.
- Your chronological licensing history with the PGDB showing your limited or trainee license in drainlaying.
We recommend you download the Evidence Guide for drainlaying Category C to see what your assessor will assess you against. You can use the checklist to show all compulsory evidence is included, then record what other evidence documents you are supplying against the competencies listed in the table. This will ensure your portfolio covers all the required competencies, and your application can be processed quickly. Upload the completed guide with your evidence.
If you are unsure of your eligibility or the evidence requirements, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and we can put you in touch with one of our expert assessors who will be able to assist you.
- Any evidence submitted must be in English.
- Accepted file types for evidence are: PDF, PNG, JPG, JPEG.
- If you have trouble uploading all your evidence, it may be because of the file size. Don’t worry, we can accept more documents once we have your application.
Currently, we are only accepting payment by credit card. Please note, you may request an invoice for your records. No further payment would be required on this invoice.
Click on the programme below and set up a login to take you to the Recognition New Zealand Platform.