Express your interest to participate
Skills is putting together a Working Group to review the New Zealand Certificate in Building Regulatory Environment Level 4 [Ref: 3029] and the New Zealand Diploma in Building Surveying, Level 6 [Ref: 3030] as part of NZQA’s 5-year scheduled review cycle. The Working Group will consist of subject-matter experts to ensure that the qualifications will remain useful, relevant and continue to meet the needs of the learners, industry and stakeholders. We are looking for representation from BOINZ (Building Officials Institute New Zealand), NZIBS (New Zealand Institute Building Surveyors), Future Skills Academy, councils and private consent companies.
Please email your interest with your name, organisation, and brief description of your industry knowledge and experience to Sandy Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 9th October 2020.
Group members will be expected to:
- provide critique during the review of the qualifications (confirm strategic purpose, review broad learning outcomes for graduates, education and employment pathways).
- consult with networks and consider feedback from the wider consultation group and communicate this to The Skills Organisation.
- provide final endorsement of the qualifications prior to submission to NZQA.
Interested persons should consider the following:
- this is review is voluntary and non-funded by The Skills Organisation
- any travel and day costs will be met by each individual
- members will be chosen based on their expertise and suitability
- meetings are held fortnightly, communication via email and/or phone will be circulated throughout each month as needed
- the duration of this review will be between October 2020 – December 2020
- Meeting 1: Thursday 22 October 2020
- Time: 10am-12pm
- Location: Held on Microsoft Teams though Skills – Wellington office will be available too.